Email: [email protected]
Phone: +92 300 4176705
Qualification: Ph.D. (Molecular Biology)
I had 33 years of teaching and research experience at the Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore. At my present position at Qarshi University my interest is to create the cadre of students who have abilities to develop indigenous technologies for the commercial production of biotech products. Working on to bring academic research from the lab to the marketable viable product of economic interest. I had expertise to develop upstream and downstream processes of biotech products including bacterial fermentation and mammalian cell culturing. I had got my biotech trainings and collaborative research work at the School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, USA, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Italy and Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Maylasia. Also visited as scientist exchange program to the Nanjing Agriculture University, China. My profile includes more than 45 International and National Conferences / workshops. I had 30 International and 13 national publications. Also patented five patents of Biopharmaceutical and Agricultural interest.
- Training / experience on cGMP compliance for recombinant therapeutic proteins and stem cell production facility.
- SOP’s documentation, implementation and training for cGMP compliances. ISO 17025 for CEMB Biopharmaceutical QC labs.
- Established infrastructure for pilot scale fermentation and commercial production of recombinant human proteins for therapeutic use.
- Established mammalian cell culture lab and providing national facility for quality control testing of recombinant human proteins to NIH, Islamabad and private pharma sector.
- Established and patented 3 patents for the downstream process of recombinant human interferon for therapeutic use.
- Established and Patented downstream process for the commercial production of Bt. based biopesticide against lepidoptera.
- Prepared three different formulations of diptericidal Bt. based biopesticides.
- Developed Probiotic formulation for poultry.
- Established CEMB mammalian cell repository and bacterial culture collection repository of 2000 isolates.
- Established animal house facility for the stem cell project.
- Teaching M.Phil / Ph.D Classes since 1991 (Cell Biology, Molecular Bacteriology, Immunology, Advance course – Biosafety and Biosecurity)
- Supervised 32 Phil/Ph.D thesis research works of students as supervisor and/or co-supervisor.
Administrative Experience at CEMB:
- Incharge Biopharmaceuticals
- Chairman, Institutional Procurement Committee
- Chairman, Institutional Animal Ethics Committee
- Member, Biosafety & Biosecurity Committee
- Member selection board CEMB
Pharmaceutical Consultancy to:
- BF Biosciencs, Lahore
- Pharmedic Pharma, Lahore
- Getz Pharma, Karachi
- Sami Pharma, Karachi
- Mecter Pharma, Karachi
- NTP Gelatin Pvt. Ltd., Lahore
- Livewell Capsules Pvt. Ltd. Lahore
- International: 30 (Impact Factor 94.153)
- National: 13
- Patents: 5 (Four Local & One US Patent)
Foreign Trainings / Workshops / Seminars
2019 Talk on “Development of Indigenous technology for the commercial production of recombinant human proteins for therapeutic use” at 2nd meeting of Cancer Research Group, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
2019 Talk on “Biowaste management system and Incineration” at workshop Training, organized by Health Security Partners, Gull’s & CEMB on 21-22 Feb. 2019.
2019 Participate “A short course on Cancer Biology” organized by Cancer Biology Lab, MMG & Hormone Lab, on 12th-14th Feb. 2019 at University of the Punjab, Lahore.
2018 Participate as Organizer for 3rd International symposium on “Advances of Molecular Biology in Plants and Health Sciences” at CEMB, Lahore, on 19-21 Dec, 2018.
2018 Participate Workshop on “Dual use Research of Concern (DURC)” organized by Health Security Partners at CEMB on 16-18 July, 2018.
2018 Participate “Institutional Biosafety Committee” Training Workshop at COMSTECH, Islamabad, organized by Fogarty, NIH and Pakistan Biological Association (PBSA) on 15-16 Feb., 2018.
2017 Participate as Organizer & Poster presentation, International symposium on “Advances of Molecular Biology in Plants and Health Sciences” at CEMB, Lahore, on 21-23 November, 2017.
2016 Invited speaker at the one day workshop on “A day with Biosafety” jointly organized by Congress of Molecular Biology and CEMB on Oct. 25, 2016.
2016 Participate “Cancer Awareness Seminar” held at CEMB on Feb.26, 2016, with the collaboration of Cancer Care Hospital & Research Centre.
2015 Participate and Organizer of “Advances in Molecular Biology of Plants and Health Sciences” held at CEMB, Lahore, on 29-31 December, 2015.
2015 Participate hand on training workshop on “Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis” held at CEMB on Oct. 14-16,2015.
2013 Workshop on “Present and Future needs of Interferon for treatment of Hepatitis” at Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, Lahore on Feb.1, 2013.
2011 Resource person in the training course on “Advances in Applications of Molecular Biology” held at CEMB, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Dec. 19-23, 2011.
2010 Participation in the international symposium on “Biotechnology applications in new emerging fields” at Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore on December 21-23,2010.
2009 Presentation in a symposium / workshop on “Future trends in molecular biological research and its applications in Agriculture & Health” at CEMB, Lahore on March 25-28, 2009.
2009 Training on “Internal Auditing, Corrective & Preventing Actions” by Quality Management Consultants conducting on March 12,2009.
2008 Presentation on “Interferon for Hapetitis” 18th meeting of the standing committee at LCCI, Lahore, 28th Oct. 2008.
2008 Workshop on Approval Process for Biologicals held on National Bioforum 2008 at Centre for Molecular Biology, Lahore, March 24-28, 2008.
2007 Participated in a workshop on “Clinical Research and its Industrial Implications” organized by National Core Group in Life Sciences-HEC and Bahria University, Islamabad on 07-08, 2007.
2007 National training seminar on “Biosafety and Biosecurity Initiatives”jointly organized by PARC, Sandia National Laboratories and US Civilian Research & Development Foundation, at Marriott Hotel, Islamabad, June 18-19, 2007.
2007 Certificate of participation and presentation on “Design and development of recombinant vaccines” in an International workshop on Vaccine Production and Quality Control, organized by National Core Group in life Sciences HEC and Comstech at Comstech Secretariat, Islamabad, May 28th to 29th,2007.
2006 Certificate of participation in the workshop on ” Biochemical Engineering and Fermenter Applications” held at IBB, University of the Punjab, Lahore on August 19,2006 with the collaboration of Bioengineering Switzerland..
2006 Participate in a seminar on “Clean room monitoring & validation” held at IBB, University of the Punjab, Lahore on 3rd-6th July, 2006.
2005 Training on the development of recombinant human biopharmaceuticals from International Centre of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGBE), Italy. (Sep. – Oct. 2005).
2004 Participate Workshop on “Quality assurance in microbiology testing laboratories to be accredited under ISO 17025” organized by UNIDO at Marroit Hotel, Islamabad on 8th Nov. 2004.
2002 Participate SAARC workshop on “Tissue Engineering and Banking” under SAARC-Japan special fund (Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission) from 9th-11th September 2002 at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2000 Paper presentation on “Development of commercial formulation of Bt. biopesticide” in 3rd Biennial conference of Pakistan Society for Microbiology, 28-30 March, 2000 organized by Karachi University at PC, Lahore.
1997 International Symposium-workshop on Genomics and Computational Analysis, October 16-18, 1997. CEMB, Lahore, Pakistan.
1997 Paper presentation on “Propagation of Bacillus thuringiensis for the development of bioinsecticide” in fifth International Symposium workshop on the applications of Molecular Biology Research in Agriculture, Health and Environment, October 14-15, 1997. CEMB, Lahore, Pakistan.
1997 Work on “Development of Genetically engineered insecticide” in Dr. Wang Jinshang’s Lab. at Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing, China from 06.05.97 to 19.07.97 as a researcher exchange programme between Pakistan and China.
1995 Fourth International Symposium Workshop on the Applications of Molecular Biological Research in Agriculture, Health and Environment, April 9-11, 1995, CEMB, Lahore Pakistan.
1994 SAARC Training Workshop on Gene Cloning, April 29-May 12, 1994, CEMB, Lahore, Pakistan.
1994 Poster Presentation. Coordination meeting of Institutional Excellence Programme (IEP) January, 1994, Sponsored by University Grants Commission (UGC), Islamabad, Pakistan.
1992 Workshop and Regional Training Course on In vitro fertilization and Embryo Transfer in Buffalo, April 11-16, 1992, Animal Sciences Institute, NARC, Islamabad, Pakistan.
1992 Training on laparoscopic embryo transfer technology in small ruminants in Dr. B. Abdul Rashid’s laboratory at Malaysian Agriculture Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from July 1992 to October 1992.
1992 Workshop on the Application of new Technologies in Sheep/Goats Reproduction, September 15, 1992, MARDI, Keluang, Malaysia.
1991 SAARC Symposium Workshop on the Biological Control of Agriculturally Important Plant Pests, December, 16-18, 1991, National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, (CEMB), Lahore, Pakistan.
1990-91 Research on “cloning and expression of fullength and truncated human estrogen and insulin receptor genes to E. coli and Baculovirus expression systems”, with Dr. Lim Tung and Dr. T.R.Butt, at the School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
1989 A Laboratory Workshop on Identification of Cloned Gene Products, November, 4-17, 1989, CAMB, Lahore, Pakistan. Member Organizing Committee.
1988 Third Regional Training Workshop on Recombinant DNA Techniques. December 10-31, 1988, CAMB, Lahore, Pakistan. Member Organizing Committee.
1987 Second International Symposium Workshop on the Application of Genetic Engineering, October 18-22, 1987, CAMB, Lahore, Pakistan.
1987 A training course on Microbial technologies, September, 26-October. 15, 1987, CAMB, Lahore, Pakistan. Member Organizing Committee.
1987 International Symposium on the Application of Molecular Biology, April 2, 1987, Centre for Advanced Molecular Biology, (CAMB) Lahore, Pakistan.
Research / Professional Experience
2005-2019 Incharge Biopharmaceutical program and worked for the establishment of cGMP labs for the commercial production of Stem Cells. established downstream processes for commercialization of recombinant human proteins for therapeutic use. Provided National facility for the quality control testing of human biopharmaceutical recombinant products to NIH, Islamabad and to the private pharmaceutical industry. Teaching Two courses (Mol. Bacteriology and Cell Biology) to M.Phil and an advance course Biosafety & Biosecurity to PhD at CEMB.
2001-2004 Fermentation / Production of biopesticide on pilot plant. Established CEMB Culture Collection and identification section. Field trials of Bt.biopesticide. Developed Probiotic formulation for poultry. Studies on mosquitocidal Bt. gene pool in Pakistan and developed mosquitocidal Bt. formulation.
1998-2000 Developed industrial formulations of Bt. bioinsecticide. Fermentation studies for large-scale production of Bt. biopesticide. Reorganized CEMB Culture Collection Section and established data base management system.
1996-1997 Basic studies for the development of Bt. formulation as a commercial bioinsecticide by using local isolates of Bt. at CEMB, Lahore, Pakistan and got training on “Development of Genetically engineered insecticide” in Dr. Wang Jinshang’s Lab. at Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing, China.
1994-1995 Preliminary work on “Embryo transfer technology in small ruminants” with Dr. S. Riazuddin at CEMB, Lahore, Pakistan and at Dr. B. Abdul Rashid’s laboratory at Malaysian Agriculture Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
1992-1994 Research on “Molecular genetics diagnosis of Beta-thalassemia” with Dr. S.N. Khan at the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, Lahore, Pakistan.
1990-1991 Research on “cloning and expression of fullength and truncated human estrogen and insulin receptor genes to E. coli and Baculovirus expression systems”, with Dr. Lim Tung and Dr. T.R.Butt, at the School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
1988-1989 Worked on monoclonal and hybridoma programme and established mammalian cell culture laboratory at the Centre for Advanced Molecular Biology, Lahore, Pakistan. Three weeks training on mammalian cell culture techniques with Dr. Saeed at Veterinary Research Institute, Lahore, Pakistan.
1986-1987 Organized bacterial isolation and culture collection section at the Centre for Advanced Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
1985-1986 Research for Master’s thesis on “studies on the isolation and serotyping of Salmonella from mesenteric lymph nodes of sheep and goats”, with Dr M.Ajmal, Principal, College of Veterinary Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan.
Research Grants / Programs
Research Grant (PKR)
Achievements / Progress
Development of human recombinant IL-11 biosimilar.
Higher Education Commission
Gene cloned, expression studies are in progress.
Expression of mosquitocidal cry genes in blue green algae.
Higher Education Commission
Human epidermal growth factor (rhEGF) production from in-house developed recombinant strain of yeast (pichia pastoris).
Higher Education Commission
Two international publications.
-Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry,2017, 81(6), 1114-1119.
-Molecular Biology Reports 2014, 41(3) 1445- 1451
Development of albumin fusion technology for potent long lasting consensus interferon (IFN con-1).
Higher Education Commission
Two international publications.
-Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry. 2015, 63(5): 708-714
-Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry. 2015, 62(5), 699-708
Identification of anti-inflammatory agents by Computational approaches.
Higher Education Commission
Cloning and expression of Interferon and G-CSF human genes.
Ministry of Science & Technology
Developed upstream & downstream processes for commercial production and patented three patents of Interferon.
Process development for the manufacture of Bacillus thuringiensis Biopesticide.
Pakistan Science Foundation
Developed and patented the downstream process for Bt. Biopesticide.
- Fakiha Bajwa, Nadeem Ahmed, Mohsin Ahmad Khan, Farhana Azam, Muhammad Akram, Saad Tahir, Ahmad Usman Zafar (2019-20). Evaluating the ion exchange chromatography for matrix‐assisted PEGylation and purification of consensus interferon. Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry, 67(2)296-205; hptt //doi.org/10.1002/bab.1832. (IF. 1.638)
- Rabbia Pervaiz , Mohsin Ahmad Khan, Nadeem Ahmed, Hafsa Naeem, Ahmad Usman Zafar. (2018) Determination of mosquito Larvicidal potential of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry11Ba fusion protein through molecular docking. Biologia, 73: 1015-1023. org/10.2478/s11756-018-0103-9 (Aug. 2018) (IF 0.696)
- Faidad Khan, Mohsin Ahmad Khan, Nadeem Ahmed, Islam Khan, Hamid Bashir, Saad Tahir & Ahmad Usman Zafar (2018). Molecular characterization of Pneumococcal surface protein A(PspA), serotype distribution and antibiotic susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae strains isolated from Pakistan. Infect Dis Ther, 7:277–289; doi.org/10.1007/s40121-018-0195-0 (IF 1.24)
- Ahmed , Abbas R., Khan M.A., Bashir H, Tahir S, Zafar A.U., (2017). Enhancing recombinant interleukin-6 production yield by fermentation optimization, two step denaturing and one step purification. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry. DOI:10.1002/bab.1588., 1-7 (IF 1.413)
- Khan, M. A., Ahmed, N., Khan, M. I., Zafar, A. U., Tahir, S., Anjum, M. S., Ali, M., Khan, F., Husnain, T. (2017). Bioactivity studies of Huh-7 cells derived human epidermal growth factor expressed in Pichia pastoris. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, 81(6), 1114-1119. (IF 1.176)
- Bashir, H., Ahmed, N, khan, M.A., Zafar, A.U., Tahir, S., Kanwal. H., Khan. F., Rahman. Z., Husnain, T. ( 2016). Evaluating the auto induction Expression system and one step purification for high level Expression and purification of gallbladder derived rhIL-1ra. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry. DOI:10.1002/bab.1463, 20-26. (IF 1.413)
- N., Tahir S., RaA.Q., Hassan S., Khan A., Latif A., Khan M., Tabassum B., Shahid A.A., Zafar A.U., Husnain T. (2015) Escherichia coli expression of NDV fusion protein gene and determination of its antigenic epitopes. Biologia, 70(12) 1553-1564. DOI: 10.1515/biolog-2015-0191. (IF 0.803)
- Bashir, H.; Ahmed,N, Khan,M.A., Zafar, A.U., Tahir, S., Khan,I.M., Khan, F., Husnain, T. (2015). Simple procedure applying lactose induction and one step purification for high yield production of rhCIFN. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry. 63(5):708-714. DOI: 10.1002/bab.1426. (IF 1.8)
- Ahmed, N*., Bashir, H., Zafar, A. U., Khan, M. A., Tahir, S., Khan, F., Khan M.I., Akram M. Husnain, T. (2015) Optimization of conditions for high‐level expression and purification of human recombinant consensus interferon (rh‐cIFN) and its characterization. Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry. 62(5), 699-708. DOI:10.1002/bab.1320 (IF 1.8)
- Ahmed N, Zafar AU, Khan M.A, Tahir S, Khan M.I., Bashir H, Khan F, Sarwar S, Ilyas S, Husnain T. (2014) Matrix assisted refolding and purification of placenta derived recombinant human interleuki-6 produced in Escheria coli. Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry. 61(5) 541-548. DOI:10.1002/bab.1205 (IF1.89)
- Khan, M A., Khan F., Ahmad N., Khan M I., Zafar A U., Husnain T., (2014) Expression line approach to recombinant human epidermal growth factor into yeast, Pichia pastoris from Huh-7 cell line. Molecular Biology Reports 41(3) 1445- 1451 DOI 10.1007/s 11033-013-2989-1 (IF2.5)
- Khan M A., Hassan N., Ahmad N., Khan M I., Zafar A U., Khan F., Husnain T., (2014). Studies to analyze the relationship between IFNα2b gene dosage and its expression, using a Pichia pastoris-based expression system. Yeast 31(1) 13-28. DOI:10.1002/yea.2990 (IF1.955)
- US Patent: Riazuddin,S., Rehman, Atta-ur., Zafar, A Usman., Choudhary,I., Ashfaq, U A., Khalid M., Husnain, T., Ali, Z., Akram, J., (2012) 7-nitro-2-(3-nitro phenyl)-4H-3,1-benzoxazin-4-one or derivatives thereof for treating or preventing antiviral infections. US Patent # 8,148,368.
- Shagufta Naz, Shahbaz Ali, S Amer Riazuddin, Tahir Farooq, Nadeem H Butt, Ahmad U Zafar, Shaheen N Khan, Tayyab Husnain, Ian M MacDonald, Paul A Sieving, J Fielding Hejtmancik, and Sheikh Riazuddin. (2011) Mutations in RLBP1 associated with fundus albipunctatus in consanguineous Pakistani families. British Journal of Ophthalmology 95 (7) 1019 – 1024. DOI:10.1136/bjo.2010.189076. (IF 2.91)
- Nadeem Ahmed, Mohsin Ahmad Khan, Naila Shahid, Idrees Ahmed Nasir and Ahmad Usman Zafar. (2011) One step purification of biological active human interleukin-2 protein produced in yeast (Pichia Pastoris). African Journal of Biotechnology 10 (67) 15170-15178. DOI: 10.5897/AJB11.2116 (IF 0.57)
- Mohsin Ahmad Khan, Nadeem Ahmad1, Ahmad Usman Zafar, Idrees Ahmad Nasir and Muhammad Abdul Qadir. (2011) Isolation and screening of alkaline protease producing bacteria and physio-chemical characterization of the enzyme. African Journal of Biotechnology 10(33) 6203-6212. ISSN 1684-5315@ 2011 (IF 0.57).
- Namerah Sabir,1 S. Amer Riazuddin,1,2 Tariq Butt,1 Farheena Iqbal,1 Idrees A. Nasir,1 Ahmad U. Zafar,1 Zaheeruddin A. Qazi,3 Nadeem H. Butt,4 Shaheen N. Khan,1 Tayyab Husnain,1 J. Fielding Hejtmancik,5 and Sheikh Riazuddin1,4. (2010) Mapping of a new locus associated with autosomal recessive congenital cataract to chromosome 3q. Molecular Vision 16, 2634 – 2638. PMCID:PMC3002966 (IF 2.511)
- Namerah Sabir, S. Amer Riazuddin, Haiba Kaul,1 Farheena Iqbal, Idrees A. Nasir, Ahmad U. Zafar, Zaheeruddin A. Qazi, Nadeem H. Butt, Shaheen N. Khan, Tayyab Husnain, J. Fielding Hejtmancik, and Sheikh Riazuddin. (2010) Mapping of a novel locus associated with autosomal recessive congenital cataract to chromosome 8p. Molecular Vision 16, 2911–2915. PMID:PMC3013063 (IF 2.511)
- Riazuddin SA, Shahzadi A, Zeitz C, Ahmed ZM, Ayyagari R, Chavali VR, Ponferrada VG, Audo I, Michiels C, Lancelot ME, Nasir IA, Zafar AU, Khan SN, Husnain T, Jiao X, MacDonald IM, Riazuddin S, Sieving PA, Katsanis N, Hejtmancik JF. (2010) A mutation in SLC24A1 implicated in autosomal-recessive congenital stationary night blindness. American Journal of Human Genetics 87(4) 523 – 531. PMCID: PMC2948789. DOI:10.1016/j.ajhg.2010.08.013 (IF 11.716)
- Haiba Kaul; S. Amer Riazuddin; Zaheeruddin A. Qazi; Idrees A. Nasir; Ahmad U. Zafar; Shaheen N. Khan; Tayyab Husnain; Javed Akram; J. Fielding Hejtmancik; Sheikh Riazuddin. (2010) Ectopia Lentis in a Consanguineous Pakistani Family and a Novel Locus on Chromosome 8q. Archives Ophthalmology vol.128(8) 1046-1049 PMID:20697006 (IF 3.2)
- Yasmeen A, Riazuddin SA, Kaul H, Mohsin S, Khan M, Qazi ZA, Nasir IA, Zafar AU, Khan SN, Husnain T, Akram J, Hejtmancik JF, Riazuddin S. (2010) Autosomal recessive congenital cataract in consanguineous Pakistani families is associated with mutations in GALK1. Molecular Vision 16, 682 – 688 PMCID:PMC2855732 (IF 2.511)
- Haiba Kaul, S. Amer Riazuddin, Mariam Shahid, Samra Kousar, Nadeem H. Butt, Ahmad U. Zafar, Shaheen N. Khan, Tayyab Husnain, Javed Akram, J. Fielding Hejtmancik, and Sheikh Riazuddin. (2010) Autosomal recessive congenital cataract linked to EPHA2 in a consanguineous Pakistani family. Molecular Vision 16, 511 – 517. PMCID:PMC2846848 (IF 2.511)
- Khan SY, Riazuddin S, Shahzad M, Ahmed N, Zafar AU, Rehman AU, Morell RJ, Griffith AJ, Ahmed ZM, Riazuddin S, Friedman TB. (2010) DFNB79: reincarnation of a nonsyndromic deafness locus on chromosome 9q34.3. Eur J Human Genetics 18(1) 125 – 129 doi:10.1038/ejhg.2009.121. (IF 4.4)
- Riazuddin S, Anwar S, Fischer M, Ahmed ZM, Khan SY, Janssen AG, Zafar AU, Scholl U, Husnain T, Belyantseva IA, Friedman PL, Riazuddin S, Friedman TB, Fahlke C. (2009) Molecular basis of DFNB73: mutations of BSND can cause nonsyndromic deafness or Bartter syndrome. American J Human Genetics 85(2) 273 – 280. PMCID:PMC2725234 (IF 12.303)
- Waryah AM, Rehman A, Ahmed ZM, Bashir ZH, Khan SY, Zafar AU, Riazuddin S, Friedman TB, Riazuddin S.(2009) DFNB74, a novel autosomal recessive nonsyndromic hearing impairment locus on chromosome 12q14.2-q15. Clinical Genetics 76(3) 270 – 275 PMID:19650862 doi:10.1111/j.1399-0004-2009.01209.x (IF 3.304)
- Saima Riazuddin , Sabiha Nazli , Zubair M. Ahmed , Yi Yang , Fareeha Zulfiqar , Rehan S. Shaikh , Ahmed U. Zafar , Shaheen N. Khan , Farooq Sabar , Fouzia T. Javid , Edward R. Wilcox , Ekaterini Tsilou , Erich T. Boger , James R. Sellers, Inna A. Belyantseva , Sheikh Riazuddin , Thomas B. Friedman. (2008) Mutation spectrum of MYO7A and evaluation of a novel nonsyndromic deafness DFNB2 allele with residual function. Human Mutation 29 (4) 502 – 511. PMID:18181211 DOI:10.1002/humu.20677 (IF 7.033)
- Ain1, S. Nazli, S. Riazuddin, A.Jaleel, S. A. Riazuddin, A.U.Zafar, S. N. Khan, T. Husnain1, A. J. Griffith, Z. M. Ahmed, T. B. Friedman and S. Riazuddin. (2007) The autosomal recessive nonsyndromic deafness locus DFNB72 is located on chromosome 19p13.3 . Human Genetics 122 (5), 445 – 450 PMID:17690910. DOI:10.1007/s00439-007-0418-z (IF 3.97)
- Kitajiri S-i, McNamara R, Makishima T, Husnain T, Zafar AU, Kittles RA, Ahmed ZM, Friedman TB, Riazuddin S, Griffith AJ. (2007) Identities, frequencies and origins of TMC1 mutations causing DFNB7/B11 deafness in Pakistan. Clinical Genetics. 72 (6) 546 – 550. PMID:17877751. doi:10.1111/j.1399-0004.2007.00895.x (IF 3.18)
- Riazuddin S, Khan SN, Ahmed ZM, Ghosh M, Caution K, Nazli S, Kabra M, Zafar AU, Chen K, Naz S, Antonellis A, Pavan WJ, Green ED, Wilcox ER, Friedman PL, Morell RJ, Riazuddin S, Friedman TB. (2006) Mutations in TRIOBP, which encodes a putative cytoskelatal-organizing protein, are associated with nonsyndromic recessive deafness. American Journal of Human Genetics 78 (1), 137-143 ; PMCID:PMC1380211. (IF 12.629)
- Shahid A.A., I.A.Nasir, U.Zafar, B. Chaudry and S.Riazuddin. (2004) The Camb biopesticides: Preparation, uses and comparative studies with chemical pesticides. Review In: Biotechnology in Environment Management. Chapter 12, ABD Publisher, Jaipur, India. ed. 1st, p260-282.
- Sabar,M.F., Kausar,S., Zafar A.U, Shahid M. (2013) PEG-interferon conjugates: Effects of length and structure of linker. Pak.J.Pharm.Sci., 26(2), 425-430.
- Zafar A.U., and S.Riazuddin. (2009) A method of purification of the recombinant protein products. Patent # 140587
- Zafar A.U., and S.Riazuddin. (2009) A process for modification of recombinant human interferon for therapeutic use. Patent # 140586
- Zafar A.U., and S.Riazuddin. (2007) An improved codon optimized human interferon. Pakistan patent office, Karachi. Patent #
- Zafar A.U.,A.Qadeer and S.Riazuddin. (2003) Scale up production of spore/crystal protein by Bacillus thuringiensis in the stirred fermentor. Pak. J. Sci. & Indus. Res 46(4), 242-245.
- Shahid,A.A., I.A.Nasir, Zafar A.U, A.Sumrin, B.Chaudhry and S.Riazuddin, (2003) The use of CAMB biopesticides to control pests of rice (Oryza sativa). Asian J.Plant Sci 2(15-16), 1079-1082.
- Zafar, A.U. & S. Riazuddin. (2002) Propagation of locally isolated Bacillus thuringiensis (CAMB-3023) for the production of spore-crystal protein in shake flask. Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res 45(6), 400-403.
- Zafar, A.U.,A.Nasir, A.A.Shahid, M.S.Rahi and S.Riazuddin. (2002) Performance evaluation of CAMB biopesticides to control cabbage butterfly (pieris brassicae) in cauliflower crop. Pak. J. Biol. Sci 5(10), 1041-1043.
- Rehman, M.Z., U. Zafar, I.A .Nasir, M.A. Qadeer and S. Riazuddin. (2002) Comparative study of Bacillus thuringiensis biopesticide against cotton bollworm. Asian J.Plant Sci., 1(5), 574-576.
- Karim, A.U. Zafar, I.A.Nasir & S.Riazuddin. (2000) Field efficacy of CAMB Bacillus thuringiensis biopesticide to control Helicoverpa armigera (Hübnar) and Earias vitella (Fabricius) in Okra crop. Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 3 (8), 1296-1298.
- Zafar A.U. & S. Karim, A. Nasir & S. Riazuddin. (2000) Shelf life and field evaluation of CAMB Bacillus thuringiensis biopesticide against Heliocoverpa Armigera (Hübnar) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on Tomato. Pak. J. Biol. Sci 3 (5), 804-807.
- Zafar A U, Qadeer M A, Riazuddin S. (2000) Process development for Bacterial biopesticides. Pakistan patent office, Karachi. Patent # 137087.
- Khan, S.N., Zafar, A.U., Riazuddin, S. (1995) Molecular genetic diagnosis of β-thalassemia. JPMA, Pakistan 45(3) PMID:7596015, 66-70.
- Riazuddin; Shaikh (Lahore, PK), Rehman; Atta-ur (Karachi, PK), Zafar; Usman (Lahore, PK), Choudhary; Iqbal (Karachi, PK), Ashfaq; Usman Ali (Lahore, PK), Khan; Khalid M. (Lahore, PK), Husnain; Tayyab (Lahore, PK), Khan; Zulfiqar Ali (Lahore, PK), Akram; Javed. (2012) 7-nitro-2-(3-nitro phenyl)-4H-3,1-benzoxazin-4-one or derivatives thereof for treating or preventing antiviral infections. US Patent, USA # 8,148,368.
- Zafar A.U. and S. Riazuddin (2009) A method of purification of the recombinant protein products. Pakistan patent office, Karachi #140587
- Zafar A.U. and S. Riazuddin (2009) A process for modification of recombinant human interferon for therapeutic use. Pakistan patent office, Karachi #140586
- Zafar A.U. and S. Riazuddin (2007) An improved codon optimized human interferon. Pakistan patent office, Karachi #140574
Zafar, A.U., M. A. Qadeer and S. Riazuddin (2000) Process development for Bacterial biopesticides. Pakistan patent office, Karachi #137087